Thriving in an unpredictable environment requires agility. But yesterday’s forecasting, budgeting, and planning systems aren’t fast, powerful, or accurate enough to keep up with changing regulations, funding levels, and program demand.
On the other hand, cloud-based enterprise planning enables public sector organizations to generate data-driven budgets and forecasts, deliver higher-level reporting, and access real-time data that supports collaborative and strategic decision-making on the fly—and for the long-term. In a modern planning environment, organizations streamline critical planning and reporting processes to quickly address unexpected changes and prepare for what’s next.
According to a recent Workday study, leaders of public sector organizations know that agility is the key to long-term success. But achieving it requires modern planning software—specifically, cloud software that ensures that all stakeholders can participate in planning and budgeting processes. Modern planning also empowers public sector and government organizations to take full advantage of the predictive capabilities of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Every corner of the organization—from finance and budgeting to line managers, department directors, and executives—can benefit from an updated planning environment. It uniquely positions budget officials and finance teams to advance planning throughout the organization—and ensure that plans and budgets are executed with accountability, transparency, and governance.
In our popular guide for the public sector, we showcase how a modern planning platform can help public sector organizations:
- Plan and budget across your entire organization within a secure environment
- Increase visibility, collaboration, and governance throughout the forecasting and budget development process
- Adjust and edit funding data and immediately see the results, all while ensuring transparency and accountability
- Plan, model, and forecast operating expenses and capital investments
- Model complex personnel plans that account for multiple pay structures, union requirements, and benefits plans
- Perform what-if scenario analysis
- Minimize human error
- Improve outcomes while mitigating risk